- The Ning lets you create new content by clicking links near the blog/discussion/image areas; Community puts those links in the right column.
- Posting new content to the Ning only involves a few choices; posting it here involves a bewildering array of choices. They’re optional, but possibly confusing.
- You have to send someone a message from their avatar profile – there’s no Inbox link
The good news is that (unlike the Ning) it’s all – or mostly – changeable. Please post your feedback and improvement suggestions to this thread as you poke around, and we’ll fix or improve them as best we can. It’s all ours, too – we don’t have to wait for a company to add a feature or change something we don’t like – so don’t be shy about imagining ideal solutions to things. Mods: please create new accounts and let AE know so I can give you mod privileges.
TO DO LIST:
- install security update – DONE 6/18
- improve recent activity display in left column – BETTER 6/20. Big problem: It only includes original content, not comments. OUCH
- improve styling on the Event Calendar
- replace WYSIWIG library with a better one, or add Containers and Classes to the one we have. Should this be the editor by default?
- tweak formatting to see if we can create “Add [Content Type]” buttons near the block/page displaying that content type
- extend Recent Discussions/Recent Blogs to include last-post date, last post avatar, etc. – DONE 6/20
- improve styling on delete/edit/reply links
- improve styling on image-upload and WYSIWIG/add-link popup
- improve styling of Galleries node
- remove ‘next discussion’ link from bottom of discussions
- further develop Build Record content type
- explore a node with a taxonomy index – so you can view all elements tagged with a given value (there’s a View for this pre-made… would be cool to turn it on)
- improve styling on section separators
- add SL integration module?
- add chat module?
Plenty of bugs and formatting annoyances too. Add those here. Cheers!