Once again, I left the confines of my little shop to travel to a far off place in Falcon Bay, where I was invited to entertain at The Society Club. Mr. Barbosa, the owner of the Steampunk gentleman’s club in question, attempted to stump my collection of music. I dare say, one of these days he may succeed!
I have compiled a list of the songs used to entertain the crowd, with an asterix denoting those songs people asked me to play.
It is a fond hope to someday play one of the coveted City of New Babbage events once again, but until then, I enjoy where I get to play.
Playlist for Friday, August 27
Society Club, Falcon Bay
E Nomine – Mitternacht (Extended Mix)
Noisuf-X – Toccata Del Terrore
Tanzwut – Toccata
Dance or Die – Dance or Die
Colourbox – Just Give ’em Whiskey
Front 242 – Headhunter (Apoptygma Berzerk Remix)
* AC/DC – Thunderstruck (Asked to play “any” AC/DC. Angus Young made an appearance).
KMFDM – Der Mussolini
New Order – Thieves Like Us (DJ’s choice)
* The Cure – Lovesong (Extended Mix)
Red Flag – Once Past Twice Future (Twice Shy)
* Futon – I Wanna Be Your Dog (The First of Mr. Barbosa’s attempted stumps)
Magazine – Shot By Both Sides
Dr. Steel – Fibonacci Sequence (dedicated to the math geeks)
* Talking Heads – Psycho Killer
Benny – Bin Wieder Frei
The Damned – Jet Boy Jet Girl
* Bowling for Soup – 1985
* Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire
* The Tragically Hip – Trickle Down
* Danielle Dax – Big Blue 82 (Zen Extended Mix)
* The Kings – Switching to Glide
Industry – State of the Nation
Ministry – Revenge
The Cruxshadows – Monsters
The Jesus and Mary Chain – Head On
Barbi and the Kens – (I’m Not Your) Stepping Stone
Ashbury Heights – Penance
* The Leather Nun – F.F.A. (Mr. Barbosa’s other attempt at stumping me)
Spectra Paris – Glittering Bullet
Celebrate the Nun – She’s a Secretary (Gothic Mix)
I have to give Mr. Barbosa credit for trying, so I gave him a pair of my exclusive Zodiac Pisces Eyes as a parting gift.
This is the newest outfit from Avatar Bizarre that I was wearing at the party.