Designing Worlds is doing another Christmas special in New Babbage, and we need your help!
1) This Thursday (8th of Dec) at 2 PM SLT, we need as many urchins as can make it for filming one segment – urchins dancing. (Probably at Piermont Landing.)
2) Throughout the week, we’ll need need various urchins and adults for still photos. (We’re doing a couple readings interspersed with photos, like we’ve done a couple times with Emerson Lighthouse stories.) I’ll post some of the particulars on this later – I have to get back to work!
Yay! Its good to see the show is going ahead! *prances and dances*
So! Specifics of what we need (in addition to the large group Thursday at 2PM):
1) A few urchins and adults, plus a number of crates, and a horse and cart. (Anyone have any ideas on where to get the horse and cart?)
2) A few urchins for stea… err… acquiring food from a cellar.
3) Some men and boys carrying sacks of food.
4) A few posh-looking gentlemen
5) A team of laundry girls
6) Several urchins in a warehouse hideout scene
7) Two or three adults to be listening to Mr. Biggins in the Gangplank (hopefully)
Unlike the filming, these don’t need to be done at a set time – more when those needed for each shot (or group of shots) can get together. Though ideally, I’d like to get this done by the end of the weekend. Please get in touch with me if you’d like to help!
Is there still an opening for Mr. Biggin’s speech? Or the horse and crate thing?
– Edward Hyde
You’re more than welcome to use the Gangplank. It’s still (temporarily) a bring your own booze establishment. I need to grease a few palms in city hall to get my license back. But the downstairs is pretty much furnished. Just one favour, since it’s all freshly painted, if you are going to shoot the canon please open the door first.
You are welcome to use the power station (Behind the Gangplank) as well. Its also all snowy now. ^_^
*is always happy to help*
Was fun being involved in this, learnt a lot about what goes on behind the scenes – it’s a lot of hard work! Thank you for organising it and Designing Worlds for doing the special in the City again!
So I’ll be working on photos tonight and tomorrow afternoon (and probably Sunday afternoon, though hopefully not too many). If there’s a specific role you want, and a specific time you can be on, let me know. Otherwise, I’ll just grab whoever is around.
There are two custom things that it would be nice to have made. Is there anyone who could make:
1) A large (couple story high) Christmas tree – that could then be shorn of its top 6 feet, and look truncated
2) A plate of lutefisk and cinderberry puree