The 2020 Halloween Night dance at Tomanah Hall was lit…as in the very stones were glowing! They do that from time to time, the old magic from Brigadoon never really wears off, it just kind of waxes and wanes.
Mr Edward Pearse was spinning some good music (and Weird Al too😉). Treats were nommed, many energetic dances were danced and a few out-of-town party-hoppers dropped in to swell the ranks. There may have been a goblin or 2 in residence as well, you never can tell on the spookiest of nights.
Mr Pearse has kindly shared his playlist
- Dead Can Dance – Yulunga [Spirit Dance]
- Snog – Flesh
- Juno Reactor – God Is God
- Vast – Touched
- Mesh – Leave You Nothing
- Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
- Sisters Of Mercy – Temple Of Love
- Marilyn Manson – Tainted Love
- Rammstein – Engel
- Nine Inch Nails – Head Like A Hole
- Rob Zombie – Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix)
- Front 242 – Headhunter V1.0
- Pop Will Eat Itself – Everything’s Cool
- Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds – Do You Love Me
- Inkubus Sukkubus – Paint It Black
- Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi Is Dead (The Hunger Mix)
- The Merry Thoughts – Pale Empress
- Libitina – Gothic People
- New Order – Blue Monday (Sebastian Böhm Remix)
- Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus
- Colony 5 – My World
- Apoptygma Berzerk – Love Never Dies (Part 1)
- Lords of Acid – I Sit on Acid [original]
- Leftfield featuring John Lydon – Open Up
- Night Club – Your Addiction
- Ministry – Every Day Is Halloween
- Weird Al Yankovic – Germs
- Michael Hutchence – The Passenger
- Visage – Fade To Grey 1980
- The Cure – Love Song
- VNV Nation – Honour
The set list highlights for me were of course hearing “Bela Lugosi is Dead” in an SL Goth club again, and then for something I had not heard before – Apoptygma Berzerk – Love Never Dies (Part 1) …the addition Fuge in D Minor, by js Bach and O Fortuna from Carmina Burana were the icing on my Halloween cupcake! Thank you, Mr Pearse!
Tomanah Hall is currently undergoing a slow & subtle renovation: to convert to mesh, add materials textures, receive some new design features but preserve the ‘flavour’ and history of the original build. We want the place to both tell a story, and serve as a display space, a place to explore a little bit…but also be able to be set up for an event as well, using rezzers for mod/copy items. A work in progress for the cold months ahead.
looking forward to Burning Barrel Race next weekend to keep warm!