Press "Enter" to skip to content

Pattress Plates…they’re called *pattress plates*!

I have been racking my brain for what those big iron washer thingies for reinforcing brick walls are called. It is a real pain to find source images for sculpting when you don’t know what the thing’s name is :p  Searching for ‘big iron washer thingies’ didn’t really help.

So, in the name of future building-related baldness-prevention…

PATTRESS PLATES! They’re called Pattress Plates. Pattress Plates, you fool!

What a relief XD


pattress plates

Spread the love


    • Elilka Sieyes Elilka Sieyes August 26, 2011

      I think those are called wall tie plates?  Wall tie rods?

  1. Tepic Harlequin Tepic Harlequin August 26, 2011

    Always remember…… those S-shaped ties, the X-shaped ones, and the oversized dinner plates on that wonderful old wall…… they are holding the wall together fellas, without them, the place you are standing admiring em would be a pile of brick rubble! hehehe

  2. Yang Moreau Yang Moreau August 26, 2011

    I have the same problem sometimes with interior fixtures like specific types of moldings and panelings.

  3. Blackberry Harvey Blackberry Harvey August 27, 2011

    Now I can may down on my pattress and sweep!


Leave a Reply