Well, the Babbage Aetheric Reader has been around for almost a year and a half, folks. I think the consensus is that it works reasonably well, on the whole.
But it could work better. On the occasion of the approaching new year (new beginnings, resolutions, etc.) the admins have been doing a bit of huddling to prepare a wishlist of improvements. So we thought we’d open it up and see what everyone else thought.
Here’s a partial wishlist – please add your own or comment on what you would find most valuable. No guarantees, of course.
- a better layout for avatar profiles
- a cleaner way to manage your avatar profile
- a better inter-avatar messaging system
- better group stuff (customizable group page, an intuitive way to join)
- a lightbox/slideshow interface for image galleries
- a “Like” button on posts
- ability to embed video/images in posts
- a functional RSS feed (is anyone else using Flipboard on a iPad? Amazing!)
- faster load time
- a way to do polling/voting
- a better way of showing content by tag
- a better way of serializing stories/blogs
** Oh, and if anyone who has joined Babbage in the past year or so has Drupal skills and is interested in helping the admins, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org