Greetings New Babbage ..
- The Final Days are Now Upon us ..
- (( Relay for Life Of Second Life .. Building Days that is ))
- Our Builders are hard at work ..
- Working on both a Camp Site (( Mr. Cleanslate)) and Designer Sim (( Mr Rip Wirefly))
- All should be praised and commended .. No easy tasks in team building
- I will list them .. end of Next week for all ..
- Relay Weekend is July 16th and 17th
- This is the Big Final as it is a 24 hour Non stop event that takes Place on 40 sims ..
- The idea for the Relay is to have our Community and team members walking or on the tracks during the entire Relay :)
- It goes a 24 hours because Cancer Never Sleeps
- To Date Relay For Life has Raised
- Breaking all In World Records
- New Babbage to has broken past team records and has raised
$ 4,081 US grade cash .. and still adding ..
- Great tasks were taking to make it just that and not Impose .
- Special thanks to So many .. a more detailed thank you coming next week .
- We are at Sapphire:
- for more info
As you walk the track you’ll notice luminarias line the sides. These are your opportunities to pay tribute to a lost loved one.. or to thank a person who inspires and encourages you. Donating lindens to a luminaria gives you the chance to mention a special someone in hover text over the bag and will light and change color based on the linden amount paid to it. Following is a list of the 2011 Luminary color and linden levels.
*For each luminaria you light, you will receive a souvenir copy to keep forever.
100- 2499L – Blue
2500 – 4999L – Green
5000 – 7499L – Pink
7500 – 9999L – Orange
10000L or more – Purple + Fireworks
- Themed laps are a way to add some fun and amusement to the long hours that we walk during relay. Whether it is wearing a silly hat, showing international pride and awareness or remembering our furried friends, these themed laps are totally optional but fun to participate in or simply enjoy the efforts of those who do. Feel free to interpret each theme with all the creative energy that embodies Second Life!
Thank you to Bailey Dazy, Callie Hamlin, Charlene Trudeau, Cinders Vale, Ember Farina, Kayleigh McMillan, Lonewolf Flagstaff, Morgan Kincess, Tahisha Fairplay and Time Beaumont for your contributions to this year’s themes.
- 10am – 11am – Opening Ceremonies
- 11am – 12:30pm – Survivor/Caregiver Lap – Survivors Are the “Spirit Of Relay” They Are the Promise Of Hope! Please Line the Track and Celebrate Our Heroes, Our Friends who have heard the words “You Have Cancer”
- The Caregivers are Backbone of the Fight. They hold the hands, they care for and support their loved ones as they walk their cancer journey. Once Again Line the Track and Support the Ones who give so much to help our Survivors Fight Cancer!
- 12:30pm – 2pm – Team Spirit Lap – Teams R Us! Team Shirts and banners. Walk the track with pride for all you have done to help find a cure for cancer.
- 2pm – 3pm – Purrfect Pets Sponsored by KittyCats – Wear animal print, neko ears, tails or even be an animal or furry avatar! Dress as your favorite pet or animal!
- 3pm – 4pm – I cannot believe I’m wearing this! – Wear something you normally wouldn’t be caught dead in SL. Would never admit to being a Furry? Don a furry avatar. Wouldn’t wear latex *ever*? Bring it on! Wouldn’t be caught out in curlers and slippers? Wear it! Not a girly girl? Wear frills! Not a surfer dude? Put on that long blonde hair and swim trunks!
- 4pm – 5pm – Ride Your Favorite Horse – Sponsored by Amaretto – Ride your favorite horse, wear your horse avatar or bring on the stick ponies. We’re riding for Relay!
- 5pm – 6pm – Beach Party (Summer) – Bring out your beach clothes, go barefoot, don’t forget those water bottles and sunscreen.
- 6pm – 7pm – Fall Fashion (Fall) – Wear those autumn colors
- 7pm – 8pm – Winter Nights – Dress for those cold winter nights, don’t forget the hot chocolate with marshmallows
- 8pm – 9pm – Spring Fling – the season for flowers, new beginnings, and proms.
- 9pm – 10pm – Remember – the Luminaria Ceremony – ( quiet reflection with readings and inspirational music; sims are darkened for reflection and remembrance of those and their loved ones who have lost their battles to cancer or are still battling it; all are invited to participate) Walk the track in silence.
- 10pm – 11pm – The Power of Purple – wear as much purple as you can. ..skin, hair, eyes, clothing, .. just bring on the purple!
- 11pm – 12am – Sports – football, rugby, hockey, yoga, swimming, any sports or exercise clothing. No matter when you start, exercise improves health. Even people who start exercising later in life appear to gain many of the same health benefits as people who’ve exercised their whole lives.
- 12am- 1am – Midnight Masquerade – Wear a Masque and costume and join the carnival like festivity hour.
- 1am – 2am – Silly Hats — The name says it all
- 2am – 3am – Appearance Slider Outfits – Wear only looks you make yourself in appearance.
- 3am – 4am – Favorite Decade – Did you love the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s or maybe way back to the 40’s or the flappers or the roaring 20s? Dress in your favorite decade outfit and show it on the track
- 4am – 5am – Health Matters – Maybe you are a banana, or an orange, or a carrot? Or simply dress in a healthy food color. Eating right, being active, and maintaining a healthy weight are important ways to reduce your risk of cancer.
- 5am – 6am – Up All Night – Curlers, Coffee, PJ’s & Slippers – time to wake up and smell the coffee
- 6am – 7am – Fight Back Ceremony – (Pick up your specially made RFL HOPE Cape and Fight Back Flags – available at the Relay Stations, and join us as we make our fight back pledges to save a life this year -your own, a friends, a family member, or someone you don’t even know yet. Together we all can FIGHT BACK.
- 7am – 8am – Fantasy Themed – Fantasy Characters – Dragons, Pirates, Star Trek, Fairies, Elves… Fantasy themed avatars, Medieval, Tinies, Mermaids & Mermen, Wings
- 8am – 9am – International Lap – Wear your countries flag.. (provided by the International Committee or outfits that represent your country.
- 9am – 10am – Formal Hour – Wear your best as you walk the final lap before Closing Ceremonies. Formal attire
- 10am-11am – Closing Ceremony
- 11am – NOON -VICTORIOUS! ‘Take THAT, Cancer’ LAP – Walk the track and meet the Relay Committee. Celebrate YOUR Relay!