Home Forums Town Crier (OOC) What would you like to see?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Cyan Rayna
      Keymaster

So I’m happy to see so many people making the switch over to the new website and glad everyone likes what they see so far but I am always one to improve upon things when possible.

So the question is like the title, what would you like to see here on the website?

Obviously I can do more but there are some things beyond my abilities so what I can do I will try, but I want this to be the best site for all of us. Let me know what you like, what you would like improved, what is missing and I will look into it.

Ceejay Writer
        Participant

Two things come to mind – not certain if WordPress is up to it. Perhaps a widget could be located to help!

Full member list, with buttons by each name to add or delete as a friend.

Groups – ideally, these would parallel Babbage groups in SL. I’ve totally lost track of SL Babbage groups, and am clueless about any new interesting groups. So, either a page with all groups listed (and maybe a link to the join option in SL), or an actual website group set up for out-world conversations. I’d think the list might be the easiest. Everyone would need to contribute their knowledge to you for that, I’m sure.  PS: Thank you for all your hard work!

Cyan Rayna
          Keymaster

Just added the full member list to the side, or at least the most active ten and a link to the member directory.

A compilation of Babbage groups would be a good thing. I know I have made a bunch mainly for myself or ones that never took off XD, but would be nice to collect them all.

Ceejay Writer
            Participant

Bravo! The members list is perfect. Exactly what I was wishing for! Thank you.  Have a cookie!

Ceejay Writer
              Participant

Not sure what’s causing it, but the ‘read more’ button on my post about Iron Bay 2 seems dead – pushing it doesn’t take me into the full post.

Cyan Rayna
                Keymaster

Yeah I noticed that with other posts. Not sure what’s doing it but will look into it.

Sophie
                  Participant

Love, love, love the members list!  Thank you!

Wulfriðe Blitzen
                    Participant

Perhaps the same thing I’ve put on another site I maintain – a button with a direct link to how to join SL. And another beneath that with a Slurl for New Babbage so they can come and visit straight after. People will see Babbage and Steampunk and drift by out of curiosity, and Google will snag this site in some basic search trawls. Lets take advantage of this :)
                      Also add a permalink at the top labeled something like “What is SL anyhow and how can I join you?” with instructions on how to activate a TP direct to New Babbage once they have created an avatar.#

Another one to add is a link to Tenk’s stories as contributed by residents with broadcast samples perhaps.

But yes, fleshing out at the top of the pages with widgets and other things to catch the eye would be helpful to passing traffic.

Cyan Rayna
                        Keymaster

I do have a link to Tenk’s Gallery of Curiosities website in the Resource Guide links, which should have all the stories, samples, and episodes there.

I never did think about adding the link to SL and the SURL to Babbage before but will add those as well. Though we still don’t really quite have a welcoming center anymore so not sure where the send them. Will add a page about what is Second Life, our Babbage Covenant page does a decent job of describing what we are though.

Will look into implementing these though :)

Mr Tenk

The [Read More] links at the end of anyone’s post on the front page doesn’t work for me (OSX, firestorm), but it is lit blue.

Cyan Rayna
                            Keymaster

Looking into it and will see what I can find. I thought I had fixed it before but I can’t remember how.

Cyan Rayna
                              Keymaster

Have been looking into it and apparently this has been an ongoing issue. The good news is you can open the “read more” links in a new tab (found that one out myself) the bad news is I still haven’t found a way to fix it. I also just noticed too that there are no read more links to actual posts just “…” which aren’t linked at all (though I guess they assume you’d just use the main link for that).

It has been a bit frustrating trying to figure this one out but still chugging along. If anyone knows more of WP/BuddyPress then let me know.

Cyan Rayna
                                Keymaster

So it looks like the latest update of BuddyPress has finally fixed the Read More issue. You can click it and it actually loads the rest of the story now.

Cyan Rayna
                                    Keymaster

Soooooo… Newest update of WordPress killed the Read More link again. *sigh*

Mr Tenk

it works if you open in new tab, and the post is old enough to have been added to the thread. there seems to be a weird refresh that makes a delay in threading?

Mr Tenk

Could you label the forums as

Breaking News (rp)

Town Crier (ooc)

or something else that has better definition cues?

I still have trouble keeping it sorted.

Mr Tenk

also would like a more obvious path for making forum posts, like the old ‘create content’ link on the old site. i feel like i have to wrestle with it every time.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    Spread the love