Date(s) - Oct 07, 2019
We’re ready to roll out our first round of structural changes to the Babbage Aethernet Reader! The website will be down from Monday morning at around 7:00 am SLT until the changes are implemented and tested (probably the afternoon).
Here are a few things to look for:
- The activity feed on the front page is going away. Replacing it will be something a bit closer to the old site: recent forum posts, recent blog posts, recent comments, and images from the New Babbage Flickr pool.
- Cleaner layout
- Easier access to the WordPress editor for blog posts and event posts.
- See everyone’s blog posts on their Profile!
- A new forum for feature requests, bug reports, and questions about the website. That way we can keep track of everything and everyone can see the answers.
- Lots of work under the hood to keep the site safe, secure, and optimized. This includes automated backups of the entire site, so we never lose our content again.
This isn’t going to be the last update. We will continue to do smaller incremental updates, and very soon we will also get that pesky Wiki Archive back up!